The City of Blytheville Arkansas was founded in 1879 by the Methodist clergyman Henry T. Blythe.
Blytheville is one of two county seats situated in the extreme Northeastern portion of the State
of Arkansas in Mississippi County. The Blytheville Police Department is comprised of 45 Police
Officers, Dispatchers, Corrections Officers, and clerical staff along with Animal Control
and Code Enforcement duties. The Blytheville Police Department is also a member of the 2nd
Judicial District Drug Task Force