It is the mission of the Roseburg V.A. Police Department
We are committed to investing the resources provided to create a feeling of safety and security for our citizens, employees, and veterans. Developing and maintaining effective partnerships, reducing unlawful behavior and the fear it manifests by pursuing and arresting those who choose to break the law, and creating a crime-resistant community through education and other crime prevention techniques.
Statement of Values
to consistently earn the public's trust by contributing
to our community's reputation as a safe place to live,
work, play and visit.
The Roseburg V.A. Police Department believes that honesty, integrity, and justice are the standards and values by which we ourselves are judged.
- Committed to community protection and partnership
- Maintaining an environment of openness, honesty, and mutual respect
- Taking pride in, and responsibility for, the quality of what we do
- Dedicated to a humane and caring climate
- Respecting the dignity and rights of each individual
- Recognizing achievement and celebrating success
- Remaining open and responsive to progressive ideas
- Serving our veterans, all VA employees and visitor's
It is not the goal of the VA Police Officer's to arrest or write a ticket to everyone who may make the wrong decisions. We strive to gain voluntary compliance
. Help those who need help and fix problems rather than create more problems. We are here to serve those who have served.