"The mission of the Huron Police Department is to work in partnership with our community to
provide effective police services in order to protect, preserve, and improve the quality of life
that we hold, while striving to recognize, defend and respect all whom we serve."
"The vision of the Huron Police Department is to be committed to excellence in leadership, providing progressive
and proactive services by developing community partnerships and building for the future".
- The Constitution of the United States of America and of the State of South Dakota - Recognizing the struggle and sacrifices
made by our forefathers to insure the sovereignty of our nation and our state, we embrace the rights, protections and
due process provided by these great instruments of freedom.
- Human Dignity - Regardless of race, color, creed, or social status
- Peace and Safety - For all people and the community that we protect
- Honor and Integrity - Not just spoken, but displayed through devotion to duty and in our daily interactions with others.
- Responsibility and Accountability - People should be responsible for their own actions, and so should government.
Open dialogue and information sharing with the community is absolutely necessary for the survival of all.
- Professional Relationships - Forged with citizens and local businesses by providing quality and dependable police services.
- Community Support - Respect, trust and confidence in our ability to perform our duties in a firm yet fair manner.